Remember my goal to workout (in some form or another) everyday? I’m finally starting to achieve it! I’ve switched my schedule around so I can workout in the mornings and although its sometimes hard to get out of bed and get moving, I feel so much better through out the day knowing I already accomplished my goal! Here is the basic breakdown of my morning workouts:
- M – Hit up the gym for 20-30 min of cardio and 10-20 min of strength
- T – Power walk/run with Raleigh (2.5 to 3 miles)
- W – Cardio/Strength at the gym
- Th – Power walk/run with Raleigh
- F – Cardio/Strength at the gym
I like the mix and have been sticking to it so far. I also feel good about giving Raleigh really long walks a few days of the week, especially since I am less likely to go very far with him in the afternoon HEAT.
The treadmill (referred to by some as the DREADmill…) is my go-to cardio machine. I find that when you switch speeds/inclines every minute or so it really makes for a more enjoyable experience overall. One of my favorite bloggers, Tina from Carrots and Cake has some awesome treadmill workouts. Here is an example of one, but she has several others here.
A (Not Boring) Treadmill Workout:
Total time: 45 minutes
- Walk at 4.0 at 7.5 incline for 4 minutes
- Jog at 6.5 at 1.0 incline for 5 minutes
- Repeat walk + jog 2 times
- Jog at 6.5 at 2.0 incline for 3 minutes
- Run at 7.0 at 1.0 incline for 3 minutes
- Sprint at 8.0 at 1.0 include for 1 minute
- Jog at 6.0 at 1.0 incline for 1 minute
- Sprint at 8.0 at 1.0 incline for 1 minute
- Run at 7.0 at 1.0 incline for 1 minute
- Jog at 6.5 at 1.0 incline for 3 minutes
- Walk (cool down) for 5 minutes
Give one a try and you might find the treadmill not all that bad!! She also has tons of awesome resources on her blog: recipes, workouts, healthy living tips, etc…
And because I feel as though this post needs a picture…can I totally go here on my honeymoon??
The Misool Eco Resort in West Papua, Indonesia.
Photo via Desire to Inspire